View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2006, 04:48 AM   #17
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRG
Actually, the only real questionable decisions in my eyes were the 1Q Seattle touchdown choped off for psss interferance- it looked a bit harsh.
And Pittsburgh's 2Q TD dive by Roethlisberger. I honestly felt he was stopped short. Both of these decisions could have gone either way, perhaps it would have been just if the both had been given a TD, or both ruled out.

But still, you can't say Seattle would have won the game based on these decisions. And Seattle commited a criminal amount of stupid fouls which ruined nearly all of they're big plays into the off red-zone. You can't blame the refs or the Steelers for those!

And have you ever seen such poor use of the clock on offence as Seattle? I suggest they watch a few tapes of John Elway and the Denver Broncos from the 80's & 90's.
BRG

I was concerned about the Roethlisberger TD, too. When they showed the replay, I focused on the ball and the edge of the goal line, as he was going down, the nose of the ball seemed to cross the plane of the goal line. (That was before it slipped under his belly and he subsequently extended it across the goal line).

The pass interference? Good call. Unfortunately, you can't have contact between offensive receiver and defender beyond the line of scrimmage, unless both have a legitimate shot at the ball. The call might have actually been better stated as "illegal contact beyond the line of scrimmage" rather than pass interference.

Seattle's time management? At the end of each half, simply atrocious. They're a better team than that and just needed to remain calm. They didn't. As I was listening to John Madden commenting on Seattle's last drive, he was anticipating them trying a field goal once in range and THEN, going for the on-side kick. They burned entirely TOO MUCH of that last 1-1/2 minutes going for a TD and lost that opportunity.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote