Thread: BSG Mini
View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2004, 05:45 PM   #19
Eskimo

Quote:
Originally posted by Eskimo
This is a responce that I tried to post ealier with a quote from THE DAWG so I have to retype.

To Westy, Jayworld, Dawg:

I think you all are missing the point of my original post which started this all. SO I am going to guide you to the thoughts of my reasoning.

First of all, I am a fan of TOS. I would have enjoyed a return of the so as it was in the 70's. I would have watched and hopefully enjoyed the show if it was done right. A return of Mr. Hatch, Benedict, and those who chose to return to reprise their roles. But I really do not think that is going to happen.

Second. For those of you who think the TOS and the mini can co-exsist, SORRY! Not gunna do it. It wouldn't be prudent at this juncture. It can not happen. Let me put it in simpler terms. Two shows about the same thing using the same basic story line and same charaters but different people playing it is just not feisable and not possible . Now you can't have one on TV and the other on the big screen and make it work. If you can find anything in history where this was successful with proof, I will recant my arguement and concead defeat. But i do not think you can. The point I used in an ealier post where I compared Star Trek: TOS and the Next Gneration was a bad one and not understood anyways. Lets try it again then. We will use the TOS of Star Trek. Now imagine all the original charaters of Star Trek. i.e Kirk, Spock, Bones, Scotty, and so forth, all played by the original actors. Now imagine all the same character but played by the actors form the next gen cast, i.e Stewert, Frakes, Spiner, and so forth. The plots are basically the same but there are differences as compared to BSG: TOS and the new mini. Both running at the same time. Do you really think this would work? I really don't think so.

Third. If it wasn't for the mini, it might have been possible for the original to make a come back but after the green lighting of TOS movie and then the backing out of the director, I do not think there is room as of now for a come back of that paticular incarnation of the show now. The problem now is that the mini in now either the life or death of BSG. If it fails most of the fan base that was created by the mini would go away and that would effect the money makers that make the movies. Unless there was a massive campaign for monies by the fans of the original series with donations in the millions (say areound 20 - 40 million) there will not be a return of the original show. But if I am wrong and there is a rturn and survival of this return I will be the first to eat my hat and rejoin the fans with a total devotion of the show. but until then it will have to remain in my past with my childhood.

Now I know there will be people that still disagree with me and that is OK. You are entitled to your opinioins and I do welcome them . Until the next post I bid yor farewell.

We all die sooner or later, it all depend on how many laser blast it take to kill you.