View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2006, 02:47 PM   #6
spcglider
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeAthena
Oh man! I feel for you. I have similar things happen. My mom is 83 and starting to have problems. I have to always be the one who deals with all of her medical and financial issues. When we are in good times and she is doing well, she still always calls me to complain about something, like having a wart removed. I tell her that I have to deal with all of the real problems that she has and we need to not sweat the little things. She will say, "Ok" and then call me two days later complaining about Athelte's Foot and wanting to go to emergency. (I am not kidding here!)

When my husband or my friends talk to her, she gets them laughing, but as soon as I am on the phone it is all doom and gloom! (I have witnesses.)

I think people pick us because we are the only ones who have it together. I mean after all, if you are married and buying a house then you must be togther enough to handle everyone else's problems, right? My brother is 20 years older but does not work, is nort married, and does not own a home and yet I get to be the one to handle all of the problems!

When did I become responsible and why?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!

Everytime I stop answering the phone my mom calls my husband and asks if I am in the hospital because she can't reach me!

In the immortal words of Charlie Brown, "UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHH!"

In other words, you have my sympathy. I hope it gets better.
I've known several people with the whole relative/phone problem. It didn't end well for any of them.

And yes, its all about the fact that YOU are the stable one. If you aren't complaining about your life and all the little problems it has, then you MUST NEED some troubles to deal with. Nature abhorrs a vaccuum.

Perhaps you could try complaining BACK to your mother. Put her in a position to feel better about her life by comparison. Tell her how much your life sucks and how you wish people would stop asking you for things and yadda yadda yadda...

Just a thought.

-G

You think YOU got problems??? Well the other day I was......