View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2009, 07:44 PM   #339
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Steve,

For my part I apologize for the lack of clarity in my reference to 'GINO'. What I meant to say is- unfortunately- to a greater portion of the youth audience (read: younger than 30) the Sci-Fi series bearing the name Battlestar Galactica is likely what they are most familiar with. Thus, purely my opinion, any Larson project, continuation or otherwise, would likely confound and confuse them due to the subtle storyline differences

I mention the fact purely because any movie bearing the Battlestar Galactica name will likely draw crowds from the fan bases of both series, in addition to those who may never have watched either series, and thus I felt it advisable to consider what may be needed to make a movie that is watchable to those not familiar with the original narrative; much as was accomplished with Serenity.

Again apologies for my lack of clarity.

ADDENDUM: And as Bryan aptly points out, and is worth re-iterating here, this is all merely speculation. Let's keep it friendly.
#

Eric,

You make some good points however a "reboot" could "update" far more than FX. Considering the myriad stories about how the "suits" interfered with the narrative structure, characters, &tc I think there's a great opportunity to bring to life something that is far more than a watered down children's hour action/drama. All that was promised in the hype associated with that-which-shall-not-be-named could, finally, become an actuality.

I'm sorry you feel there's no way you can support such an endeavor, especially since the "closure" you seek could be provided as a jump into the "reboot". One possible thing we've not considered, at least I don't think anyone has suggested so far, is that the movie could provide not merely that sense of narrative continuity to bring the audience of TOS closure but it could end on an "and this is how it all began" note that leads us into that very "reboot" story. Ideally the reboot would be a new series, alas, given the current status of the property of that-which-shall-not-be-named this doesn't really seem likely.

Which means Mr. Larson will just have to do a TRILOGY. Sorry. It's just the way things seem to be panning out Mr. Larson.

Last edited by Kester Pelagius; March 31st, 2009 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: clarity
Kester Pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote