View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2023, 02:02 PM   #133
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

More than a decade later, it is time for me to make amends and issue a total mea culpa for the hardline I took in this thread back in 2010 regarding my opposition to seeing new versions of the original episodes with new F/X to exist alongside the originals. I think at the time I was being too heavily influenced by what had happened to the original cuts of the Star Wars trilogy that it colored my judgment on this topic. In the years since I've had a chance to see Dave Kerin's own re-edits on various episodes with his F/X and they are well-done.

Some of the unfortunate things in this thread may have been my knee-jerk reacting to the comments of others who I thought were getting personal, but I now freely admit I was wrong about the subject to begin with and had I not felt the need to speak on the subject then the problem could have been avoided.

I know this is not an active Forum like it used to be in those days, but at least I feel better knowing that I've gotten a chance to fix things in this thread at least, even if I should have done it a lot sooner (I know I didn't in the four year period when additional posts would have been lost).
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote