View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2006, 02:02 PM   #8
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

I finally got to see it.

Things I didn't expect: That I wouldn't like some of the FX. The facial distortions with Dark Phoenix I found especially unlikeable. That I hated how Jean had to die & how Cyclops and Prof. X died. I don't know the story from the comics, but I always prefer when love conquers hate and a character is renewed--love is stronger than hate. Jean knew she was very loved and she loved Cyclops, Logan and Prof. X enough to overcome her dark side, at least I thought.

The over-the-top action sequences, specifically moving the Golden Gate Bridge. Too much effort with no real reason for it.

Liked:
Prof. X's class discussion, Storm's eulogy, anytime Storm wasn't a whirling dervish (because Hallie can act), Rogue's reason to try the cure, Wolverine and Phoenix's battle, and some of the one-liners were excellent. The winged guy saving his dad was great.

Magneto mentally wiggling the chess piece at film end was nice. i think they will find that cure conveniently temporary so there's a convenient excuse for an X4.

I was relieved somehow by that little after credits clip. Perhaps all will be a bit better with the world after all.....

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote