View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2004, 02:26 PM   #7
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Wow.

Wow.

I just finished Dark Exodus, and all I can think of is, wow.

This is not fanfic. This is every bit as good as any published work I've read. If you haven't read this, READ IT . I tell you this truthfully, this is the /best/ read I've had since Richard's Armageddon sent me reeling with smiles years ago.

I don't know where to start. The tea party between little Corrie and Athena is so incredibly perceptive for a guy to have written. And the final scene between Muffit and Boxey will leave you in tears. Each and every character's dialogue and responses are lovingly crafted to bring our beloved cast back to life. No detail was too small to overlook. From the uniqueness of the Colonial handshake to Laurette's innocently naughty, once socialator eye expression to Starbuck, it's all here. Suspense, laughs, disbelief at tyranny, heart swelling with joy at the dauntlessness of the human spirit. And surprise visits by the very best the TOS had to offer, which will most definitely leave you smiling ear to ear. There are moments of brilliant writing which will leave you saying exactly what I am thinking now, wow.

I wish so much this could become an authorized version of BSG and be in print where it belongs. I do not know if those licensed could authorize it, and I most timidly would ask if our beloved Richard were able, if he could do so with Dark Exodus, as an alternative storyline. I love Richard's writing and definitely, definitely want to see more; maybe I'm just thinking aloud, I would just love it so much if he or someone literarily licensed for BSG could help represent an authorized version of this (as an additional, alternative storyline). I'm certain it would be financially beneficial to all concerned. It takes the most risky and controversial possible future of BSG, and makes it shine.

Steve, you have done what millions of Hollywood dollars couldn't, make me believe that alternative BSG universes can and should exist. If there were ever a chance this could be the story made into a continuation, I am now convinced that every fan of every persuasion would feel that this would fill the void we've had inside for 25 years.

From a daggit that's waited one score years and five to see a scene as touching as Muffit and Boxey in Dark Exodus,

Affectionately,
Muffit
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote