View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #38
Punisher454
Warrior Ace

Default Re: Colonial Fleet star system Cyrannus

I would think that before the war the colonies were exploring the universe and many outposts were springing up as a result. Same thing happened on earth.

In Saga Apollo tells Zack "just wait till the war's officially over, the we can get back to deep space exploration". It would apear to me that during the war the colonies not only stopped exploring, but their sphere of influence steadily shrunk, isolating places like Proteus prison which became too costly/dangerous to reach.
Carilon was known to have an old Tylium mine, but it was not being visited by the colonies (other than an obviously corrupt ring of travelators and renegade skybus operators). I would think that if Carilon were a bit closer, the colonies would have sent more missions to Carilon to assess the status of the tylium mine, rather than just relying on the false reports by Baltars people.
I also think that Arcta (GOIPZ) was probably very far out and Dr. Ravishol was probably originally a Citizen of the Colonies who traveled there to work in complete isolation, like Dr. Moreau, or even Dr.Morpheus (Forbidden Planet). Arcta was probably believed to be much too far away to be bothered.

I also think it may be that the rag tag fleet did not follow a straight course. They were likely zig-zagging all over the place for a while. Which would explain finding Kobol so soon, but other places like Atilla and Crodan much later.