View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2006, 06:21 AM   #17
jjrakman

SPOILERS

Just saw this tonight. I'd have to say this movie was pretty bad. Stallion pretty much pointed out that this borrows plot points from the first movie, and he's right. I would say this is to Superman I, what Nemesis was to Kahn.

But other than that, Superman himself seemed to hardly even be in the movie. What little of him there was, seemed like a comedian trying to do a Christopher Reeves impression. Brandon Routh is a nice enough guy I suppose, but I think it would have been better had he brought his own identity to the film, and left those fake blue contacts at the SPFX shop.

The bulk of the movie seemed to revolve around Lois Lane and her fretting over which guy she wants. The bulk of the dialogue was between Lois and her new boyfriend. Honestly, the introduction of the new boyfriend and the kid made this a sloppy mess that I don't think it was possible to recover from. I wanted to see a Superman movie, not some Lifetime drama about Lois' relationship woes. Honestly when it looked like Lois was going to die in that sunken ship, I truly didn't care.

And Lex Luthor, also virtually non existent in this movie. So much so that I don't know that there's much to say about him, good or bad.

I was also disappointed that there wasn't a sequence in the beginning showing Superman flying through a Kryptonian debris field or something. I wanted to see the destroyed Krypton. Instead, they spent that time on Lois' fretting. If you're a Lois Lane fan, you'll probably love this movie.