View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2005, 10:04 AM   #88
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

What am I reading, eh?

Well, I don't read as much science fiction as I used to, but I was browsing the new paperbacks at Border Books. I found a new Trek book called "Ex Machina"

I stopped reading Trek fiction a long time ago, but when I read the premise on the back, it intrigued me. The story starts almost immediately after the events of "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" and their encounter with V'ger. It also involves the people of the world ship Yonada from the TOS episode "For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky".

It's been an slow, but interesting read so far - one interesting aspect of the book is the exploration of some of the newer crew members of the refitted Enterprise and their feelings regarding the "death" of Will Decker at the end of TMP.

I like the fact that someone is exploring the years between TMP and "Wrath of Khan" for a change...

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote