View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2004, 07:18 PM   #9
Rowan
On Vacation...

A few more…

I love the incredible feeling of holding a new born baby in my arms

The sound of children laughing and giggling.

I love the feeling I get when I open a new sketch pad and look at all those blank pages.

The full moon on a cold winter night just after a new snow when it’s all sparkling and the shadows of the trees are sharp against the white snow.

The vegetable garden after I’ve just turned over all the soil and I’m about to plant.

2 weeks after I’ve planted the vegetable garden and everything is just starting to come up.

I too love to lie out on the grass and stare up at the stars at night I do it a lot.

I too love to dance the incredible feeling that courses through your body and your muscles after doing it for hours. And recently the incredible feeling of complete synchronicity you achieve in partner dancing.

I too love ancient history and am always listening to the history channel, took 2 years of Anthropology and seriously thought of pursuing that as a profession because I have a fascination with cultures. I’ve also looked into joining the Society for Creative Anachronisms which recreates the medieval period. I have a picture on my wall in my living room that is a rubbing I made and framed of an ancient First Nations petroglyph it is believed to be over 8,000 years old it makes me feel connected to those who lived before and so I cherish it.

I love the excitement I feel sitting on my boyfriends motorcycle as we zip through the countryside.

I too love to hike looking for wildflowers it is a passion of mine I used to have a large wild flower garden now I just photograph them but the excitement I feel when I find a new one is intense especially if it’s on my special list, I’ve actually shed tears of joy and wonder over it lol.

Mountain streams I hear ya Julix! They touch a very deep and primeval place inside of me especially if they are far in the bush and there is something magical about the way they look, I feel transported in time I often feel like I am a native and it’s really 3000 years back in time or something and I’ve stopped for a drink on my way to my village or something.

14th the beach at night with the sound of the surf, smell of the ocean watching the sun go down absolutely magical!

I too love to watch from a distance and wonder at all the lives being lived out there all around me.

Getting up early and watching the sun rise over the horizon, watching the world come alive.

I love the arrival of the Salmon Run in my back yard amazing to watch and sit there and realize this same ritual has been happening right here in this very spot for thousands of years blows me away and to stop and think and realize and appreciate how incredibly amazing it is that any of them make it back to begin the cycle all over again.

Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote