View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2003, 11:04 AM   #7
Erzengel

Default Re: Re: Too true

Quote:
Originally posted by AslanC
I rather enjoyed the Charlie's Angels movie, and both Adam's Family movies. I know I am in a minority when I say I like the Lost in Space film.

The 70s remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers was great! Oh and I really liked the 80s version of Invaders From Mars.

While not every movie remake is good, some have been (and here is the important part) in MY opinion.

No offense guys, but the blanket statements that get thrown around here are what sometimes put people off.

Just cause you don't like something, doesn't mean someone else won't. And they might feel insulted if what they like is constantly being put down.

Kinda how the revivalists feel when others trash BSG?

Just playing Devil's advocate.
Those remakes were good because the persons filming them wasn't trying to distance themselves from the original source matrial. They where using the original source matrial as a guide and keeping the elements that made the original source matrial work and adding thier own take.

That is not the case in this senario, you have a director who is only using the name and some of the characters and not keeping anything else from the original source matrial.

If you look at the remakes that bombed, the reasons they bombed becomes apparent. Rollerball being a good example.