View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2003, 07:09 PM   #24
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Here I go...

The Handle - This is something I came up with on the fly... I wanted something that would speak of BSG, but of one of my other SciFi interests as well. The "Gemini" part is my astrological sign and it is also the name of one of the 12 colonies in BSG. The "1999" is from another short-lived 70's Sci-Fi show, Space:1999.

My Avatar - This was an interesting journey as I was having a hard time finding one to use and couldn't. I found some Ralph McQuarrie pre-production drawings of BSG on the net and using Microsoft Photo Editor, sized it down to fit the parameters for CF. Somehow, I can't get it to work over at CA! I love the pre-production pic of the Galactica in front of that striking blue/white planet in the background - it was always one of my favorites!

The Signature - I wanted to use a quote from one of the original BSG episodes, but not one that was terribly familiar. I was watching "Saga of a Star World" and the scene where Tigh is collecting uniforms was where it came from. I loved the fact that all of the characters were given lines where some humor was brought into the storyline without making it look silly or stupid. That line always gets a laugh from me when I hear it.

Best Regards,
Bryan
________
LOVE HELP FORUM
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote