View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2004, 02:34 PM   #17
Antelope

Spoiler
Spoilers

Spoiler

Spoilers

Steve:
I liked the way you described the Hasari. They seemed pretty "elf" like. It kind of brings fantasy and sci fi full circle. Was that your intent, especially since I noticed a Lord of the Rings inspired call sign on one of the human fighter pilots (Legolas)?

I was not a big muffit fan in TOS but your use of the muffit and Boxey relationship in this story was very touching.

The way you wrote Athena was very interesting. You never gave her a new love. I think that would have been the easy way out but you explored what one feels when they lost their love and never found someone to replace him/her. The scenes between Starbuck and Athena were very touching. I think you did her justice in a way I don't think we will see if someone else makes a continuation. Great job!

You could really feel the burden of Apollo. You also didn't take the easy way out with Tigh. I was glad to see Tigh running the fleet as he rightly should have. He was the strong character we know he was. The transition to Apollo was well written and much better than proposed in some continuations where Apollo runs things from near moment one.

I don't know how I felt about the beings of light. As a TOS fan I kind of thought that was where you were going when the plane with President Kerieger's family was lost in a flash. Someone not familiar with TOS would not have wondered and maybe questioned why the beings of light were in the story.

Here's a thought if I could change one thing you wrote:

Boxey is taken by the beings of light. He then finds himself in white in his viper in an unknown area (Like Apollo vis a vis Terra). Nothing on his scanner is familiar. He then sees the "Galactica" in the distance and wonders what happened. As he approaches the "Galactica" he sees on the side the word "Pegasus". He lands in confusion. He is met by Commander Caine who says, "By the Lords of Kobol, who are you and how did you get here." Boxey responds,"I'm Boxey from the Battlestar Galactica and I don't know how I got here. What I do know is that the cylons are near Jupiter and I have to get back and warn the Galactica and Earth." Commander Caine says,"So Earth really does exist. Where is Earth? Let's see if we can give that old war daggit Adama a hand and destroy some of those gall mongering cylons. Lieutenant Boxey, can you help us plot a faster than light jump?"

Once again thanks! I look forward to your next effort.