View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2009, 01:55 PM   #16
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Anyone else read the Ender books by Orson Scott Card?

I guess that I'll be one of the first to admit that they've never read any of the Ender's books. I know that I've seen them in bookstores for quite a long while now. I remember the first time I saw one, I hovered over it a bit, but never bought it. I can't say why as it's been so long - I guess that I never knew anyone that had read it, or recommended it.

SciFi writing is just so like taking a blind chance when you buy a book - I guess I've gotten so picky, I talk myself out of it before I get to the counter.

When it comes to Dune, I've only read the first book and that was well after the 1984 film came out. Never read any of the other books.

Someone mentioned David Brin - I read Sundiver many years ago, but it didn't really spur me on to read any of his other novels. I can recall what the cover looked like, but nothing about the story. Who knows? Maybe with all the intervening years, my taste in reading has changed....I might like it now.

I'll have to do some book shopping and give one of them a try...

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote