View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2003, 05:54 AM   #1
137th Gebirg
Warrior

Default Shoulder Patch Questions

In Saga and Lost Warrior:

Was Martin (Puppis' father) from the Battlestar Atlantia?

As it was revealed how Martin died, Bella brings out his old flight jacket. It had an angular figure-eight with a sword going down its mid-section. This looks a lot like what I recall the Atlantia bridge crew wearing on their shoulders before she blew up, but the pics of the people wearing them were so small that a definite ID doesn't seem possible at present. Anyone else know what these folks were wearing? Is this an Atlantia patch?

Update: Pic of this patch found:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

In Saga cut scenes:

The Gemon who Starbuck was playing Pyramid with had a few close-up shots (this guy had HUGE curly hair). He seemed to have a Blue Squadron/Galactica patch on, but with something extra raised on top of it, in the shape of a diamond. I couldn't make out much detail on the diamond section (something for future research), but I was wondering if anyone knew what that extra piece was to the patch?

Update: I made this conceptual patch based on what I could tell the Gemon was wearing. It is a standard blue squadron patch with a colorized medical diamond patch to match the color of the gold:

In Saga (supposedly):

Several members of Red Squadron were seen (allegedly) wearing a patch that looked something like this:

I snagged this pic off a site that was selling them YEARS ago (mid 90's) and haven't seen it since. They claim (and I do stress "claim") that this patch was one of a handfull that were on uniforms in the first episode (Saga) designating Red Squadron. They later had everyone wearing the normal version:

as a generic patch for all Galactica personnel. After some PhotoShop analysis on the image, I can fairly confidently claim that the red patch pic does NOT appear to be colorized. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

It is surprising how many little details I've overlooked in watching this show that I am just now noticing with the DVD set. The visual quality is astounding and I LOVE the bonus sections. This set was WELL worth the wait. It is absolutely perfect!