View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #81
JLHurley
Warrior

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGTweed View Post
Sales are supposed to GO UP, NOT DOWN. #1 was 153, issue #3 at 193. Dynamite is losing money with each issue they bring out. Hopefully, Issue #5 will not resolve the Time Warp storyline. I have my doubts.
It's more common than not that sales on comic series go down, unless there's a major change on the creative team and even then it would have to involve a popular writer and/or artist coming aboard. Plus, that #193 ranking doesn't necessarily mean anything. If #3 came out the month a lot of comics debuted (or a company like Marvel or DC had a company-wide event such as this month's 3D covers from DC), you're going to see a comic drop in ranking even if its sales were the same or higher than the previous month. What's important is the actual number of copies sold, and that unfortunately is also down from 10,505 to 9,200, a -12.42% drop according to Comic Book Resources. What sold less: DC's Arrow series (a digital to print title based on the TV series) and Green Team; Dynamite's Shadow/Green Hornet; IDW's GI Joe, Judge Dredd and Transformers; Bonzo's Simpsons Comics; and lots and lots of other titles. No way will DC hold on to a title with the numbers that Arrow and Green Team are pulling in, but whether Dynamite considers BG's #s adequate to continue the series...I have no idea.