View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2004, 09:18 AM   #22
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titon
I guess i've never truely met more of a true visionary than Richard. Speaking to him it's like opening up a childs world where dreams become reality. He truely is quite and individual. I don't think Richard needs to "get over" anything. The individuals that need to "get over it" are those that currently reside on the top of Hollywoods food chain. It's just utterly amazing how they continue to try and rewrite history constantly. There's nothing new, fresh, cutting edge unless it's primetime viewing of the next spider crawling on a bikini wearing babe.

Sex sells folks. It's a concept that's been around for generations. It was in the original Galactica but within that realm you not only had the element but passion and romance to go along with it. Where is that in today's hollywood? Where's the drive to make something truely inspirational? To me it's missing, gone and until hollywood does what Richard says and creates tv that we all can enjoy in some way. Right now it's one bad show after another. One bad concept after another.

When Galactica came out in 1978 it was grand. There was press releases, public interviews that everyone knew about. Toys, cards, books, lunch boxes ect. ect. ect. Where's the overwhelming publicity with the new Galactica? I don't see it. The series has been announced but where's the drive? Where's the overwhelming push that we seem to see from other series announcements? To me it's still up in the air.

So we wait and see. I for one think it would be a big mistake by Larson and DeSanto to leave Richard out of a continuation puzzle. If they leave him out it won't be the same. But hey i'm willing to listen to that. Simply because the window would always be open for Richard in a continuation. It's not there for him in Moore's.

Excellent post Titon as always thank you for your insight and for your thoughts.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote