View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2010, 01:39 AM   #24
gmd3d
Major

Default Re: BSG Fanfilms - why so few, if any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
David Kerin had a wonderful idea a while back and did some CGI for it. It was NOT a prequel, nor was it on the big "G". But it was BSG universe for sure. What was it?

It was the story of some people that got left behind, refit a Colonial Mover into a mini battleship, and set out to catch up with the Fleet.

It had Vipers in it as well.

I can see a fan film made of that or something very similar.

Has anyone seen a bridge/interior of a Colonial Mover? Didn't think so. So any set building would be easy in that you are NOT tied down to a specific design.

Exterior shots? Use CGI. Plenty of good models to use.

The problem once again, is people for live action and people to create the CGI *in action*, not just creating models, but ANIMATING THEM in a high standard.

Want to go pure CGI? Then you need top of the line CHARACTER animators. And still need live people for voices.
this is a possible project for BSG .. there is already some great cgi animators here Dave for one ....

I think a new thread should be opened asking members to submit ideas in "Complete Story Outline Form".

not just snippets of data or details but an blueprint for the story and the characters. the ships design and other things can be done later.

If its CGI ships and characters that will take time esp the characters.

If its live action with some cgi that will be quicker I would think.

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote