View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2010, 01:43 AM   #10
gmd3d
Major

Default Re: BSG Fanfilms - why so few, if any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monolith21 View Post
I'm an optimist. Star Trek and Star Wars have the human resources that make fan ventures a lot easier but we have some MAJOR talent. The models on this site alone show me that the resources are there.

The same goes for the costuming club. The idea and interest has been around for years. It just took a little push! I think people like Charybdis have done a great job. What we haven't really seen as of yet is a combined effort between the artists around here, the writers, and those that are ready to jump in front of a camera. Once those stars align it will be awesome!

What it all needs is a bit of organization. Not just the resources but the scripts, people with costumes (we're getting there), and those adventurous enough to build some small sets.
there has been an attempt with the 14th colony fan film which most of the cgi end where sourced here. me be one and smallworld , mikala and more besides. casting was done and costumes made for them.

but the site closed and there has been no news of them since.

most likely real life has caused problems.

"I think if you want to make a BSG fan effort, move away from the Galactica as the vessel (I know we all love it but it too big on a fan budget"

pick another vessel the Celestra perhaps.

put some vipers on it.

like the episode "Take the Celestra".

you could have video link with the Galactica Bridge with out having to show the complete set.

but your still have to have your crew and your cast in or around where your going to film..

and you need a place to build sets and get cameras and stuff.. some of this you can build cheaply for a few dollars.

it is do able, but keep it on a scale that can be managed if your using people.

I for one would love to see a completed BSG enterprise from the fans of this site. the knowledge base is here. the cgi ability is available but the important element is the human one

that's my view anyway

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote