View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2004, 05:46 PM   #26
Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas7g
ABC paid top dollar for the very best talent infront and behind the camera, but they gave them no time.
And that would pretty well explain the incredibly lame science, I guess. It always bugged me that the BG universe seemed to be two-dimensional rather than three. I mean, how hard can it be to avoid flying right past a planet with a killer gun if you know the gun is there? It's not like the fleet was an army convoy that had to go through a narrow mountain pass to get to their destination. No, I'm wrong. It WAS like the fleet was an army convoy that had to go through a narrow mountain pass.

And the Fire in Space? Why did they have to use a bomb to blow a hole in the outer hull? Why not just open an airlock or two? Was it THAT hard to defeat the safety overrides? And then, when the air was gone from the burning compartment, how is it that they crawled from the airless compartment, through a ventilation shaft, into an air-filled environment, WITHOUT passing through any airlocks?

Personally, I enjoyed the show. But I bet a lot of picky SF geeks gave up on it because it was too silly. Like Buck Rogers. I can believe that a Starfighter had anti-grav technology, but how did Buck's advanced Space Shuttle manage that slow approach to its first landing at New Chicago? Space Shuttles don't got anti-grav!!! (Oh, that's right, it was only a cartoon!) Anyway, Wilma was good-looking and Twiki had that Looney Tunes personality! (No wonder. Mel Blanc did his voice, remember? Mel did the voices for Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam, Daffy Duck, et al.)