View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2004, 11:20 AM   #10
Antelope

If you want to go for least memorable I would say, "Murder on the Rising Sun". As a person without the DVDs who watches the episodes as they come on television when I'm home to see them I honestly forgot this whole episode until I reviewed it in the episode forum. No one ever talks about this episode either. It's one of the few one show episodes that don't really contribute to the overall plot. I still enjoyed watching it and I am sure will watch it again one day but it obviously just didn't have an impact.

On the one that damaged TOS the most I say "Take the Celestra". It actually is one of the only episode that puts Adama and the overall situation in a negative light. Throughout the series they pretty much gloss over the really horrible situation the majority of the population must actually be under. The Rising Star would actually be a cruel joke to most colonials in the rag tag fleet. In this one episode however the happy everyone is fighting together theme gets a punch in the face. Adama is a distant commander who didn't know what was going on in other parts of the fleet. The people would rather run away or die trying then stay another day with the fleet.

Although Starbuck had an eye to the ladies he pretty much found Cassie at a time Athena wanted some distance. His relationship with Athena is portrayed in the back story as once pretty stable and long term. At this point in the series he came to be with Cassie and it appeared sealing would be next season. This was the first episode that threw out an old love and did not portray Starbuck in a positive light.

All in all this was a dark theme. I often thought if I was a member of the rag tag fleet I would have wanted off once the Terra system was found. Adama could tell me all he wanted about a being of light telling us to move on but life in a submarine for my family for an untold time would be insane as we pass a space faring race of humans with the only hope of having the technology to fight the cylons in the future. They would have been better off if they took the Celestra and went back to Terra.