View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2003, 08:27 PM   #1
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Heart Let's Talk About Our Names, Sigs, and Avatars

How do you define yourself on message boards? By the choosing of your user name, by the signature you leave at the bottom of your posts, by the avatar you choose to display? Does your avatar and/or user name and/or signature show others some of your personality and nature? Why did you select the name and avatar and sig that accompany your contributions to the forum? Are they movie quotes, personal quotes, what? I find Warrior's signature quote intriguing, hopefully he might explain it here. Ravyn's avatar is bright and cheery, and I wonder if it is a representation of how she sees herself. Conundrum's avatar reminds me of the time travel pod in Seven Days (is that what it is?). And Jewel's avatar is just beautiful. I love that type of space imagry. You all may have noticed that my avatars and sigs do not remain the same. I have accounts on 4 or 5 message boards, and different avatars, sigs, and user names on each of them, because I constantly get bored and prefer to change them. That is a result of my stifled creative nature which is desperate to escape its captivity.

Likewise, I filled out my profile fully, yet I notice many posters here have left their profiles vague or completely blank. Why is that? Why not tell a bit about yourself in your profile, so that people who read your posts can find out something about you? By all means, peruse my profile!

USER NAME: Well, "Tovor" is my name on GalacticSenate.com and the main name I use in several places, but when I signed up here I wanted something Battlestar-ish. I thought of the 12 tribes or colonies of man and the 13th, Earth, and figured that the 14th colony could be me and mine. So, 14th Colony I became.

AVATAR: My first avy here was a photo of me behind my Lego model of Coruscant, the galactic capital world of Star Wars. My next avy was a close up of a building of Coruscant seen in the movie, the dark spire of Darth Sidious. My next avatar (which may be changed by the time you read this.) is a cartoon face drawn by me many many many years ago when I used to doodle in my books at school. Usually on other boards my avatars, which change every time I get bored of them, are meant to show a side of myself, or something funny or surprising that people who know me wouldn't expect, or maybe just a scene from a movie that I dug.

SIGNATURE: As I write this, I don't even remember what my sig says, so I will have to post, check it out, and edit this afterward.

Now it's your turn. Please explain your user name, your avatar, your signature, and even your profile if you feel there is something noteworthy there.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote