View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2005, 05:52 AM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Default Special Announcement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Announcing: The Worlds of Galactica!

Hail and well met, all my fellow Galactica friends!!!! This silly daggit would like to announce to one and all, the beginning of a new era for Battlestar Galactica fandom! Welcome to the grand opening of -- The Worlds of Galactica! A united fanbase effort to bring the show we all love to the world!!!

Very recently, during the big server move of Colonial Fleets, Thomas (our resident animé artist and VB guru extraordinaire), said something that stirred a tiny flame in me; and from that flame emerged a dream so big I felt as though it were 1978 all over again, and this treasured show we all love so well were being shown for the very first time this coming Sunday!

Imagine the hub of a huge space station, with infinite spokes leading to infinite places, uniting the entire online world of BSG for the very first time!!! A kind of United Nations in cyberspace, where people of all beliefs and origins, and talents as diverse as a 64 bit palette, could congregate together and then fan out (sorry ) to whatever area among hundreds their hearts desired. A real-time 3D world where each and every one of you appear as a customizable character on screen, and frolic in and out between your very best friends, into chat rooms that really are rooms (and aboard the Galactica to boot!); online shops representing anyone and everyone who desires to link to us; completely free online games written in Flash updated constantly which you can play with your online friends; guilds where you can negotiate art talent for your animated 3d characters, or build your own visually stunning 3d shops to show off your own talent; galleries of 2d and 3d art by our gifted members; libraries chock full of fan fiction to your heart’s content; even autographed hard copies of both if you like for a small fee from the artist or writer (like Dark Exodus signed by the author himself!); and of course, our beloved forums just as they have always been, but with special new features allowing video and voice if you are so inclined!

A dynamic, ever-changing 3d world dreamed by the fans, for the fans, and to the world. And a place where each and every one of you can showcase your talent by contributing to this wonderful new venue with whatever abilities you might have: 2d art, 3d art, mesh creation, location naming, testing, texturing, shading, level design, coding (Windows, Mac, php, cgi, Flash, etc), library and content admins (easy!), translation (yes! we will need localization talents so we are world-friendly!), and anything else we can all dream up!! And although the main site itself will be free to all and not sell anything, everyone (and I mean everyone) will be welcome to advertise their talents and wares through doors to shops and shuttles to worlds just like in the imagined future! (And yes, that includes the big guys if they so desire, i.e. Universal, etc). All things Galactica, everywhere, accessible from one unique meeting place, and all for free, all for the love of the show.

So what do you all think? As our dear Kingfish would say, “Holla if ya hear me!!”

Please let Thomas and I know if you are interested, and what you’d like to bring to the party – no one will be turned away if your heart is in the right place! Don’t be shy – I’m certain you have a talent we can use! Simply reply to this post! And feel free to add your own ideas – this is a group dream folks!!!

Special announcement! To begin this grand journey, we will have a little contest – our dream needs a vision, and all visions need a tangible portrait – so get those pixels, acrylics and oils out, and whip us up a logo page! Something that encompasses this dream somehow – all things BSG, past, present and future!! We will then have an online poll to choose the winning picture, and the winner will receive – drum roll please – 5,000 bread ties and a year’s supply of Blue kool-aid in the Café!!! (You were expecting maybe cubits??? ).

As a dear friend of mine likes to say, “And so it begins…”

Affectionately to one and all,
Muffit and Thomas7g

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote