View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2003, 08:45 AM   #6
ravesholpulsar
Shuttle Pilot

Default about james edward olsmos in this miniseries...

Can you imagine is Edward James Olmos had replaced Lorne Greene's Adama in a remake of Battlestar Galactica with the ORIGINAL CAST??

It would have been FANTASTIC!! Even in this boring, lackluster remake this actor manages to convey a sense of reality and empathy.

He truly is a remarkable actor who doesn't bullsh*t from anyone.

As Adama, I would have loved to see a Galactica remake with the original cast and have James Olmos.

Even if he hadn't been Adama, he could have been the next commander of the Galatica and delivered a performance that would have MADE the show.

I agree this miniseries may not be the worst (remember Sci-fi channel's DUNE anyone?)

As I stated, this miniseries should not have been called Battlestar Galactica. If just as easily could have NOT BEEN and you wouldn't have to change much. But again, sci-fi channel wants NAME RECOGNITION. Nothing more. They just took names from a familiar show and forced fed it into another machine versus man plot.

The effects wern't emotional. I tell people if you wish to see great tv cgi effects with spectacular battles that are gripping, watch the final battles in the last few episodes of Babylon 5.

Or Watch the Babylon5 telefilm IN THE BEGINING. If you've seen it, you know there's more emotion, more plot and it's one of the finest examples of quality sci-fi writing. What I saw on this new Battlestar Galactica was nothing short of an astonishngly ineptitude that god willing, will cause the sci-fi channel to think twice before screwing with another franchise.

Compared side by side, I cared more deeply for the characters in the cgi ships on Babylon 5 in spite of the fact I knew I was watching low-tech effects. But the visceral quality was astonishing.

Handheld space shots are fine. Zooming in and out camera angles in space .... it's been done before and infinitely better.

However, we'll see what the ratings are. MOST people watching the channel aren't Galactica fans -- which the sci-fi channel is hoping for. They are the masses and massess decide what comes and goes when it comes to television.

Rich
ravesholpulsar is offline   Reply With Quote