View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #26
Jubal
Warrior

Default Re: 15: Experiment In Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senmut View Post
I wonder if massed Destroyers could effectively engage a BaseShip?
I think they said it best "A pack of wolves can take down a bear."

I really think Terra and the Eastern Alliance was not given a fair shake. What would have I have changed about this episode?

Well, we got some good Starbuck time in this one. That's a keeper.
The whole Charlie Watts thing... ugggg.... I cringe when I think of this episode, aside from the cool moments with Starbuck. How to do this better? Hehe.. ok... here we go...

EXPERIMENT ON TERRA - REVISION 2

So Galactica had a captured Eastern Alliance ship right?

Apollo is captured in space by the crystal/light people, and is told that the home planet of the colonists that they found in space is in peril. But, in the wisdom of the ancient ones, and to test Apollo as a warrior of great heart, they seek Apollo to find the solution.

And Apollo does in spades.

Apollo recruits Bojay, Starbuck, Boomer, and Jolly to help him fly the captured destroyer to Terra....

... ok, not exactly sure where this would go next, since this is a new idea, but I think this would have been a blast. Basically with Starbuck's guile they could trick both sides to meeting in the middle, with both sides believing the other side wants to meet for peace. And in the end they agree since neither side wanted war to begin with.

Apollo flies out at the end of the episode to meet with the crystal/light people. Balance is restored, and there is great relief. Apollo pops the question if this the Earth they were looking for.

"Yes, but they are not ready for you... or the cylons. We're sorry."

"Sorry for what? I don't understand...."

"Perhaps in a few years Terra and their neighboring planets will grow into their own to be an added strength to you. But for now, they must finish the growing that you helped start. Thank you, and goodbye for now."

"Wait a minute..." Apollo screams sitting up in what seems to be a change of surroundings to the sick bay.

"Whoa!! Wait a minute yourself ole buddy."

"Starbuck.. what the frack is going on?"

"I can't even begin to say. But I can say this, Terra is gone."

"What do you mean Terra's gone?"

"Well, not just Terra, but every bit of space, every star along the way... everything!"

"You're not making sense..."

"I know, it's like we are in another part of the galaxy."

You know... something fun along those lines.

Which would give the series sayyy... 3 or 4 more years till they find Terra again. During that time, new alien races, new allies, new enemies as they find their way back to Terra.

And then once they reach Terra, Terra is stronger, solidified, and able to help Galactica and their fleet make a final stand against the Cylons.

Afterall, we would not want the poor humans to wander space forever, but another 3 or 4 years would not have hurt.
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote