View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #57
gmd3d
Major

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon View Post
And so should all other films and TV shows be so recognized. Galactica was as much a product of its time as Star Trek was of the late 1960s and in fact to see Trek gussied up in a way to try and suggest it is NOT a product of the late 1960s strikes me as being dishonest. Maybe we should also have the lines about World Wars from the 1990s being redubbed as wel to further sell the illusionl?

"King Kong" from 1933 still used obvious back projection by today's standards but I don't see anyone suggesting a CGI makeover and Jacksonizing the original would improve that.

If Lucas were a font of ideas, then his creative output since Star Wars would be a lot more than "Howard The Duck", "Radioland Murders" and a series of not very stellar prequel movies.
yes Star Trek was a product of its time and was still reworked as it has a massive fan base for it to appeal too. Forbidden Planet would not have that kind of fan base at all.... both Trek and Wars have inherited new fans in recent years a new generations have come on board,

Classic BSG still attracts new fans and possibly one the strength of the new show too so the market is still there. ready to go

Lucas did create Indiana Jones films also very successful along with Star Wars. and other stories too . so I don´t agree with this
Quote:
If Lucas were a font of ideas, then his creative output since Star Wars would be a lot more than "Howard The Duck", "Radioland Murders" and a series of not very stellar prequel movies.
I liked the prequel´s Star wars for the most part.

I respect your opinion on the subject but I still think as it stands it will hurt it in the future .. and will look dated compared to the epic story. I think it started to hurt now . as I watched it again today and I still think it needs new effects ...

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote