View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #39
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

*Sigh* seems we have forgotten about this afterall?

Reckon we were excited due to the killer potential "tie-in" Universal could've had, if the BG movie news was good when it was forth coming etc. a BG Remastered would've been the realistic choice to go with. Much as i love this fanbase, we already know we're too far apart unlike the Trek or Star Wars franchises to be as organised as they are on something, however i'd like to still do the list of issues we could possibly address if this were to become viable.

DK's excellents edits serve as an inspiration surely, but even he couldn't be asked to redo every single episode with digital effects for fan edits that wouldn't go beyond the TOS Galactica fanbases. Think any CFF or fan project we might do for a remastered BG series being requested of Universal (i.e. the copyright owners of Galactica) would be to set an example of what might be achieved through a list or campaign grabbing their attention.

Can't say when, but i seriously (you know me) would like to get back on track with something BG-Remastered related soon, so i'd hope to put up a list with links and whatnot in a few short weeks time or so, of what we've previously talked about on here. To greatly illustrate my examples properly and to support Matador's thread, something we've talked about for years on here anyways.

The Bryan Singer BG movie was obviously the major "lynch-pin" we were hoping might've supported the efforts to a much greater extent etc with such a beleivable and realistic advantage taken "tie-in" right next to a major 'original series inspired' BG motion picture event taking place. But if we keep telling ourselves we shouldn't pin our hopes unnecessarily on the studios going ahead with a Galactica movie, such requests for a digitally remastered and restored original series on HD Blu-Ray DVD lies with the fans then, shouldn't it?

Please check back here again real soon, cos you all know KJ's want BG to go the "Star Trek remastered" route with classic series and i reckon if the fanbase was fully organised behind it and go a CFF effort with an ad campaign it'll create some much needed noise in that endeavour.

Be seeing you on this again, i hope?

KJ