View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #34
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

Think this fits in here quite well, cos its on topic. (has this guy been reading this thread/forum, lol?)

Battlestar Galactica - The Complete Epic Series DVD Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZka_...eature=related

Well thats the 2003 release, good review actually. If Universal need another BSG style event to kick off revitalised interest in another Battlestar Galactica DVD go around. Yeah i'd hope they'd go the HD-DVD Blu-Ray in 5.1/7.1 route.

An official remastered series of TOS Galactica, whats keeping you "Universal" from greenlighting it already?!

Cos fan edits going in the High Def route of remastering/colour correcting, is very hard if not totally awkward. Because of the tools needed to pull it off professionally.

Like i said got my own wishes for this to happen or albeit fanedits in mind. But i'd kill now for this to happen pretty soon. We're not sure if we'll even like where the planned Universal BSG film version might go. Least with a remastered TOS, it'll be presevered for future generations to come even moreso and provided that necessary *facelift* the classic series currently needs.

Absolutely love the 2003 BSG DVD release and always will. But even Star Trek Remastered looks better quality wise, than TOS BSG on DVD, cos it IS on Blu-Ray with extras. And classic Star Trek didn't start out with 5.1 surround soundtrack or improved audio, now did it?

And yes like the reviewer (Zaranyzerak) says. Next re-release DVD snapcase of BSG, ought to be less tighter, lol. And not be a two-sided DVD 'flipper' again.

KJ