View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2005, 04:02 PM   #12
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

I got an idea about the energy shield.
Maybe it is only a low power thingy, good against physical objects, like meterorites and slow weak crappy missles. Maybe its useless against high power lasers like everyone shoots. If so, that totally explains why its not used to defend the Galactica, simply, it cant. It might be like a screen just to keep little tiny rocks and stuff from destroying the ship.
In part of the series, they show Adama doing mind over matter, maybe he can also see just a tad into the possible future. I say possible because if he can, he can take steps to alter it. Maybe sometimes he can sense what MAY happen and tries to prevent it. Maybe sometimes he isnt sure what is a possible future, and what is a probable future. If thats the case, then sometimes just trusting a gut instinct may seem illogical to anyone who doesnt sense what you do?
What I did like about EIT... well they wernt Cylons for once. They found a culture that could have possibly helped them defeat the cylons. They did find a potential source for all their needs, air, water, food, guys with cute... well anyhow they found what they needed.
What I didnt like... well, basically it got a tad too preachy. I dont mind a good moral, but it did get just a tad too preachy.
What I would love to have rewritten, well how about the Vipers are given a chance to really show their stuff against some EA ships, or maybe the other side isnt as good as they seem. Maybe theres a cease fire and both sides unite to help Galactica fight off cylons, then some of the fleet can stay to colonize, and maybe they pick up a few ships of people leaving Terra to go with the Galactica fleet.

tabbi
Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote