View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2005, 11:54 AM   #9
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Thanks, everyone.

I figured the best way to test out my new camera was to send a video message to all my Galactica family.

Amberstar, Titon, BST, Julix, Honorable Susumuimua, thank you all again for your offers of help. I pray I never need call upon those offers. (Although I will most likely be headed back to WV for a few days while this new hurricane threatens the Gulf Coast....so Amberstar, if anything, I hope we get to meet.)

Titon, I might be leaving Monday to go to WV. Be cool if we could meet before I left.

Sept.17th, if you and your wife come down to the Big Easy next spring, and I am still there performing...the first round's on me. I would love to see you all.

I just found out that my camera (which kicks much more astrums than some reviews would let on), has a cool nightvision mode. I took some experimental pics with my videocam (yeah, this cam does both stills and video) with EXTREMELY minimal light conditions...we're talking just the light coming from a digital clock in my room, and the light coming from my door's peephole, and my camera puts out a little light with a couple of dim red lights up front. And I could NOT believe how much I could see in near total darkness with my camera. It was like Splinter Cell.

And an idea had occurred to me. If I was able to shoot a fanfilm version of Dark Exodus, I could use the nightvision mode to show the POV of the Earth's Space Excursion Forces as they board the seemingly derelict Galactica in orbit over earth as they travel through her very dim corridors.

But I do know that if all goes well, when I return to NOLA, I plan on doing at least a small, quick fanfilm. Something similar to what Charybdis did recently. (It will be a great way to put my Viper and Raider to use.)

And DAMN, I wish I had those miniature models that came out recently for the Galactica, Basestar, Pegasus, Atlantia, Viper, Raider, and Silver and Gold Centurions. The clarity of this camera for up close objects is such that I could probably make the small capital ships look pretty fracking big.

Thanks all again. It is comforting to know I have such wonderful friends...many of whom I've never even met face to face. (But at least now, many of you know what ol' Martok looks like)

All my best to all of you,
Martok2112 (Steve)