View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2010, 09:56 PM   #75
Jubal
Warrior

Default Re: G80-06:The Return of Starbuck.

I laughed when it was pointed out about the manual. Do Cylon raiders have an instruction manual for other Cylons on how to rebuild each other? LOL

(Nope... probably built in the memory of a Cylon memory bank.)

You know what made original era Cylons cool? They were different. They were machines, cold, mechanical, efficient, and not human. They were scary knight looking, villians that you got great enjoyment shooting with a blaster.

So in this Robinson Crusoe type story, you have a fun time with Starbuck's man Friday... er.. Cy, and that makes for a good tale. You learn some insight between the similarities and differences between Cylons and humans.

I think as the viewer, all fanfare of seeing Starbuck again and how fun all that was, I am not sure I WANT to understand Cylons. It was like they were starting to take the Cylons down that path of making them a villian we could relate to and understand, and honestly, I never wanted that with the Cylons.

For that matter, really didn't need to know what I now know about Darth Vader either. Sometimes it is good to just keep the bad guys bad, and leave them as obstacles for our heroes to have to get around.

The Cylons are shooting at us. Why? Because we are different and they hate us for it. We tried to make peace, they are still shooting at us, hey, we tried, now let's blow them out of the sky!!

Cy and Starbuck... a fun episode, a neat pause to say "Cylons and Humans can get along... for so long as humans have the off switch..." :P
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote