View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2003, 11:54 PM   #30
Internecine
Shuttle Pilot

Default Wait just a centon

I've noticed something from just about every positive post here. It is followed by some bewildered old school fan who has to knock either the taste in said posters name, or say how unintelligent they are. People will like what they like. If you have a qualm on what should be on T.V. get off the computer, and go turn your T.V. off. No one that watched the mini was forced to do so. And if you are so worried that it may become a series, don't watch it. Then you will see it take the same fate as the origional. Then the younger fans 20 years from now can crusade to have another re-make made.
BTW i am a fan of the orgional and yes i do like the new mini. The difference, with myself I guess, was the understanding that characters won't be as flawless as the origional. My perception accounts for a character in a 4 hour mini, versus 20+ hours of the origional.
I read someone complaining that the landing bays retracted. If memory serves me right, didn't most of the battlestars in the origional fall to a 70's sci-fi explosion from fighters crashing into the landing bays? Now if you did a remake, wouldn't you remove that little flaw in ship design?
And the nukes. Why nukes? why not? Sorry in the origional series I couldn't quite picture tons of fighters taking out 12 planets worth of people. This is genocide remember?
Bad CGI on the actual robots too? It still looked better than guys in shiny suits.
Don't get me wrong. I am a fan of all....