View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2003, 10:18 PM   #27
Dean Martin
Warrior

Count me among those that liked it while also being a huge fan of the original. I realize that some things HAD to be changed in order to make the new show fiit the times but I still can't get over Starbuck being a woman nor do I even like the character.

What I find really odd though is that I feel so insulted at the sex change of the character yet the writer made sure to pay homage to the original in so many other caring ways such as the original cylon design, the tidbits of theme music, the original viper design or close to it, the 'By your command line'
and a few more I can't think of.

As much as there is bashing for the new show there was a lot wrong with TOS as well. Why were there THREE Cylon pilots in a cylon fighter? If they were so advanced why have any pilot? That was just one issue that was addressed.

If TOS was done today as it was then it would be considered corny and hokey by non-fans of sci-fi. I think the mini can really draw out non sci-fi fans as well.

On a related note I am glad for the forum addition but I notice some bickering already that is making me uneasy. I hope this will not continue as I will not feel comfortable posting here. The way I see it is there are going to be a lot of fans coming in here to argue with the people that liked it.