Old November 22nd, 2002, 10:49 AM   #3
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Default Phenomenal work, David

"The Ancients" - Reminds me of a pseudo-"Stargate SG-1" meets "Battlestar Galactica" (Ship of Light) with the pyramid top and the extended "branches" below. I love the image. The angle of the Galactica's approach is reminiscent of camera angles from the original series; it's exceptionally well done. And I like the positioning of the Vipers. There's something ominous about the alien ship/structure... and it's as though the Vipers are holding back, assuming a more defensive posture.

You can almost hear the dialogue on the Galactica's bridge. ("Look at the size of that thing!" Oops... wrong movie. )

I just added it as my desktop wallpaper.

Btw, based on your image description, I guess "Galactica 1980" never happens. The Galactica is directed away from Earth. hehe

---

"Recon" - I'd be curious what software you used for the landscape. The star's glow effects are fabulous. I like the stark, barren nature of the image. (The plant/branches on the far right look neat.) You pause to wonder if the pilot isn't opening the cockpit due to the inhospitable atmosphere/environment.

Y'know, Dave, you pointed this out to me on a few occasions, but let me make a similar comment: It's very cool to see what people create with your meshes. You and I can take the same models and create very different scenes. (Same applies to others, too, such as Fabio's and Darrell's renders of Steve's models.) And it's awesome to see the results. I hope more people will participate and render.

Btw, I still owe you a call. Hope you're feeling better.

Michael
:colwar:

Last edited by michaelfaries; November 22nd, 2002 at 10:53 AM..
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote