View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2005, 07:32 AM   #8
mocha2112
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish
Welcome mocha2112. Don't worry we will not flasme you for providing intellectual stimulation. In the novels Serina wasn't Boxey's mother. She found him on Caprica. This opens up another point however, who was Boxey's real father? He is only alluded to in Saga when Serina and Apollo are in the Landram looking for Tylium on Carillon.
Hello -

Thanks to Jewels for the "welcome" and I'll try not to be a bore, Kingfish. I did remember that Serina and Boxey thing from the novels and it was one of those things I didn't like with the books, so I choose to blow that one off.

As to what we saw in Saga, I took the easy way out and decided Serina's first husband died when Boxey was an infant. One could also conclude she never married Boxey's father, thus the secrets about him, especially in the late 1970s if you get my meaning (kind of like never hearing mention about Cassie's "old job" after the pilot), but either way it didn't seem to me Boxey had any memory of him thus allowing for Apollo to be the only "father" the kid would know.

later...
mocha2112 is offline   Reply With Quote