View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2004, 12:06 PM   #6
Rowan
On Vacation...

Potemkin for much of the world it has been such a place for centuries this is all very new for the USA, to experience it on their soil. I grew up with the FLQ in Quebec acts of Terrorism in my own country by my own countrymen. I worried about walking down the street as a 9 year old wondering if the next unattended bag was a bomb or if the postal box was going to blow up. The actions perpetrated on 9/11 were that of revenge. Which is what most terrorism is about revenge seeking. Someone does something to you so you want to retaliate. But no one seems to be looking at or asking the question WHY, why did this happen why were these people so angry at the US that they felt the need to seek out this level of revenge. This will never be resolved until you find out why and understand why and do something about addressing that. Otherwise you enter into an unending battle of constant revenge seeking. Somewhere in Iraq or Afghanistan there is a little boy seeing his family killed by Americans he is too young to understand the reason why these Americans have come to his country and why his family is dead his home destroyed all he knows is that everything he loved is dead or destroyed and so another revenge seeker is born. And 20 years from now another plane is flying into another building on US soil. Violence in not the solution, it only breeds more violence the proof being that you have but to look at your own reactions to 9/11 all of you are so angry you want nothing but revenge and to do more violence. You don't think Iraqis and Afghanis are not feeling the same way? When and where does it end?
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote