View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2004, 02:12 PM   #1
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default when you disagreed with everyone else

What science fiction or fantasy TV series, or a disaster, horror, sci fi or fantasy movie that the critics panned and the public ignored do you secretly love/watch over and over/collect?
Likewise, what science fiction or fantasy TV series, or a disaster, horror, sci fi or fantasy film that the critics loved and the public watched constantly did you hate or completely miss the point of?
For me, it was the movie Titanic and the original Star Trek series. I thought Titanic was waaaaaaay tooooo long, the plot preposterous and the acting mediocre. It's not a good sign when I'm sitting in the theater mentally editing the film as I'm watching it.
I always thought the acting was somewhat forced in Star Trek.
On the other hand, I loved Voyager and still watch it in reruns. It's very much a chick-flick show and the fact that the crew spent so many years looking for Earth was very reminiscent of Galactica.
Now before you throw tomatoes, send hate email, plan for lightning to strike either me or anyone else or tell us why we're complete idiots, I want to remind you that that's not the point of these questions. I just want to know when and how you disagreed with the critics.
Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote