View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2004, 06:12 AM   #1
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default favorite episodes of series

What are your favorite episodes of various series (not necessarily scifi/fantasy) that you watch over and over and never tire of? The episodes you think are near-perfect?
This is my list:
The Flintstones--No Biz Like Show Biz (the one of Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm singing). I first saw this in 1968, when I was in first grade. It was the first time an episode of something "blew me away" and fortunately or unfortunately, that phenonemon of getting "freaked out" by an episode still happens to me occasionally to this day.
Galactica is easy, of course. It's "The Hand of God."
Other series:
SeaQuest--Bad Water. Not only is it nerve-wracking, the part where Royce D. Applegate and the others sing that sea chanty still gives me chills.
Quantum Leap--Catch a Falling Star. I went around singing songs from "Man of La Mancha" for days afterward when I first saw this episode.
The Cape--RIP. Gave me chills when it first aired; it still makes me cry.
More recently, the episode "Is There a Doctor in the House?" from the first season of Everwood blew me away. It was the first episode in which everything totally "meshed" with the characters and they finally started getting along. It doesn't make me cry or anything, but it does make me smile.
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote