View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2004, 03:33 AM   #12
bsg1fan1975
Major

Ok heres one of my family traditions that was handed down from our late Irish granny. In my family on Christmas Eve, the children in our family are allowed to open just one gift that night. It started as a bribe attempt to get us to bed so that Santa would come quicker. My sister continues the tradition with her kids and my older brother used it with his ex-wife's grandchildren and when I have kids I will do that with them.

Another tradition we used to do when I lived with my parents was we always decorated the tree together. Mom and Dad set up the tree and strung the lights and then we kids put the ornaments on the tree, I often had to help my baby sister when she was younger with reaching the top branches, as Dad did the job of checking to see where there was spots that needed an ornament or two. Mom and I used to put the garland on last as Dad did minor readjustments to lights or the garland.

I'm sure that my dad is going to inspect my handiwork Saturday with my tree and tell me where I could have covered something or added something.

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote