View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2005, 01:38 PM   #973
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Ernie and Bsg1fan, and thank you

Okay, finally got around to taking some shots of our (now infamous) cat tunnel. It was much harder than we thought in some ways (humidity under the house), and easier in others. I wanted to go thru the floor cuz all our walls are brick, which I really love but it's not the easiest substance to cut, lol. This way we could just make a little tunnel that passed thru the crawlspace vent that was already there. I lined the wood tunnel with some carpet I got for only $5, put a regular plastic lockable cat door where the vent was, and attached one of those neat 10 foot Kittywalk tunnels to the outside wall where the tunnel lets out. The cats just love it! Mimi and Brucey spend all day catching flies and trying to crouch and spring at the squirrels, pretty birds and curious lizards in the yard. I'm so glad I finally thought of something that actually worked, lol.

I'm actually not quite done with it yet, one of the supporting house beams is kinda in the way as you can see. I didn't carpet it yet cuz I wanna ask a contractor if we can notch the bottom of it a bit safely so my precious Mimi will fit better. (Yep, I feed him too much, the poor dear ).

Anywho, here's the pics...

Always in affection,
Muffit

P.S... and yes, that's a child drawer saftey lock I use to hold the hatch open (hey, go with what ya know), and a bit of duct tape I used to hold the plastic cat door open till they learned to use it (which I just realized I forgot to remove before taking the picture, shoot).
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote