View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2006, 11:09 AM   #13
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBSG4ever
Hello Wildcard,
In my travels around the net, I happened across this very interesting site. I hope this helps what your'e looking for. http://www.tecr.com/galactica/ Best regards.
In the actual loadouts, I would need to spend hours on the episodes HoG, GoIPZ, Living Legend and so forth.

But just from memory, I would suggest that the Alligator's particle beam weapons(flak guns) would have sufficient work output to totally vitiate [disintegrate to small non-noticable fragments] a 737 equivalent object in one shot at an observed range of at least 10-20 battlestar lengths.

Missile weapons that the Pegasus launched observed in Living legend carried nuclear warheads powerful enough to chain off on impact a double-decker sanddollar estimated at 2x -3x the Alligator's mass.

To put that into modern terms the Alligator's flak guns have the output of a 40.5 cm. naval gun's explosive shell. That is about 22 megajoules output work delivered to the target kinetically.

The missile warhead is a far more serious event, as the nearest equivalent to the kind of weapon that destroyed that basestar in the US arsenal would be equivalent to a MK41 .

10.5e19joules or a 20+ megatonnes of TNT equivalent was the yield of that device..

As always;
Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote