View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2003, 10:32 PM   #17
BSG_Sci_FiPulse
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
SciFiPulse.net

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelfaries
Thank you! And thank you to everyone for their well-wishes both here and offline. It's very appreciated. This web work isn't about ego stroking; it never has been. It's so darn special to be able to provide information to those who truly enjoy the subject matter: The original, classic "Battlestar Galactica."

:colwar:
Michael,

Your very welcome. I look foreword to seeing your work yet again. And although you are not engaging in the news side of things you have my full support. Am kind weary and tired too. Not of galactia or fandam as such. Just personal stuff happening all at once kind of thing. My fandam for Science Fiction in general is actually about the only thing that is keeping me grounded because it is an essential and fundimental part of my identity. Have been into Science Fiction since I was a mere 5 years old when I seen and actually comprehended my first episode of DR Who and it was Dalek episode as well. And unlike most kids in the UK at that time, I didn't once retreat behind the sofa. Other show that I liked back then were Thunderbirds, Fireball XL Five and Space 1999 as well as Star Trek of course. And when Galactica came out in 78 and I seen it in the cinema I thought wow..... And further though I want to be that Starbuck cos he gets all the chicks.

If you have no objection, and Tom and the rest of the folks here do not object I will be posting a copy and paste of your opening post in this thread at Sci Fi Pulse in the Galactica area. Because other than the hopeful situation with DeSantos/Larson/Hatch Et el and the recent DVDs and Game release. This is the first goods news we have all had in awhile.

All the best to your efforts and I hope that your enthusiasm for Galactica shoots back into the stratosphere. Last year you mails had me intrigued and on the edge of my seat, and sometimes as Jewels has undoubtedly told you. I felt like the guy opening the evelope in the original Mission Impossible films. You shoudl signiterise all you emails and posts on the board with.

'This message will self destruct in sixty seconds, Please clear the building now.'

Good luck with the your future plans for the pegasus and long may she raighn as the guiding light for the original and the best Battlestar Galactia.

Yes I know it is a shameless plug but I am the one that has to live with it.
BSG_Sci_FiPulse is offline   Reply With Quote