View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2006, 09:15 PM   #25
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles
I never poach on another's ideas, unless I can praise them and somehow contribute to their further evolution in my small way-and your ideas were very good. It got me to thinking about the Exodus in a new way.
Thank you for the compliment Damocles. I do appreciate it. I'm glad my ideas could be a source of inspiration for you or anyone else for that matter. As someone who has read some of your posts, I have come to respect your opinions and this means a great deal to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BST
Another possibility may have been that, if their departure from Kobol was less than amicable, there may have been an agreement of sorts amongst those of the 13th tribe, to never speak of the past. This would have been carried on by subsequent generations and which could ultimately provide you with Earth dwelling descendants (of Kobol) who have no memory, written or otherwise, of their past prior to Earth.
Now that makes a great deal of sense BST. Looking from the 12 tribes POV. They may have viewed the 13th as foolhearty and were more than accommodating in allowing the 13th to leave and in so doing, ridding themselves of a group that was such a pain in the astrum. Over time, this story could have evolved into a fairytale or fable of sorts.

I am curious about one thing. (I know...just one? ) In "Lost Planet of the Gods", Adama is reading the tablet in the tomb of the 9th LoK. It states the course the 13th took and then it shatters when the Cylons attack. I wonder what the rest of the tablet said. Did it give the reason why the 13th left and Adama just hadn't gotten to that part yet? I'm wondering if he had read it before the tablet broke, could that information have affected Adama's viewpoint concerning Earth and it being humanities salvation if the info was unfavorable? Just a thought.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote