View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2006, 01:15 PM   #124
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Anyone can change their mind.

I used to condemn Matchbox 20 and their ilk in my early career as a singer because I thought they were a bunch of whiners in their songs....until I started singing their songs, and then I realized how much fun they were. A lot of people respected me because of my stance on alternative rock, and thankfully I've not lost their respect when I've ended up singing it. In fact, it was more like, "Hey, Steve, that's great. Welcome to the 21st Century." Why do I do it? Because it's fun, and because it makes me money. Hell, I even sing "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana sometimes....and I STILL don't like that group...but the song is fun to sing. (Now, if I can just get the lyrics straight)

Same thing for RH. Now that he's actively participating in the show, he's probably seen the new show as a fun endeavor, and it makes him money. Doesn't mean he's sold out. Just means he's doing what it takes (within reason) to keep a paycheck coming in.

Besides, this is not like we're talking about a political leader who pulled a bait and switch on his consituents at the last minute. Just talking about a guy who loves his craft.

So, it falls back to my original take.

Sticking to your guns does not pay the bills.
Doing your job pays the bills.
It applies to me as a musician, and it applies to Richard Hatch as an actor.

In the end, nobody owes us a blessed thing when it comes to Battlestar Galactica. It's not ours. It's theirs (being Universal, Glen A. Larson, and Ronald D. Moore).

Offerred Respectfully,
Martok2112