Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default Hell's Bells! V: The Remake

I saw this from Ken Johnson at Ilana's V website:

Hi...

So here’s the update: I met with NBC about two months ago and they said, we’d prefer to first have you go back and remake the original.

Very unexpected and startling to me.

While doing a remake is clearly not my first choice, NBC makes the strong argument that a freshened version of the original would have a great deal to say to a whole new generation of viewers. It is clearly the only way they are interested in proceeding. We are unable to set up the sequel at another network. After much consideration, I have agreed to at least explore the possibilities of a remake.

The prospect of recapturing that original lightning-in-a-bottle is very daunting to me, however. I also recognize the responsibility I have, not only to myself, but to the hundreds of millions of V fans around the world who are as fond of the original as I am.

My hope is (and NBC has given me reason to believe) that if we can agree on a remake which I feel totally respects the creative artistic integrity of the original, if it is produced and is successful, then I might be able to carry V onward, ideally using the sequel script I have already written, which jumps the story forward 20 years. That would be the best of all currently possible worlds.

Thanks for caring.

Kenny