Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Default Re: Influencing the diection of the new BSG movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurion Draco View Post
Hi David,

Can you explain your sub avatar title of 'Revivalist' please?

If we are so consumed with apathy and such a total lack of belief that won't even try and ask for the movie we presumably all want......
Well, we probobly won't get the movie we want, but we'll get the one we deserve.
And I guess que another 5 years of moaning about what might have been.

You know... I never noticed the sub-avatars before. Pretty cool! I actually never put those there myself, but they're probably there because of all the efforts (including the Fan Force) when Moore's Galactica was moving into production. So revivalist must be there for that. And because of all that back then, is why I feel now there is even less desire by TPTB to hear from the fans.

And the phrase "we all want" is tricky because is it what the original BSG fans want, or the main audience is wanting from a movie called Battlestar Galactica. They are looking at what they think a mass audience is going to want, and what a small group of original series fans want is not going to sway them too much. Yes it sounds defeatist, but that may be where I am. My Battlestar Galactica has moved on, and its now in the hands of others. Maybe I'll like what they do, maybe I won't . Either way I've realized too that 5 years of moaning won't do me any good. So I'll see it if/when it comes out. I may like it, I may not. I can hope they learn some lessons from the Star Trek movie, and go along those lines. And how many fans had all their complaints (and still do) about that movie? JJ still made the movie he wanted to make, controversy and all. I felt we lucked out with JJ Abrams. Hopefully we'll luck out with Singer.

Whether its good or bad, I won't be complaining for years to come. My Battlestar is what it is. Maybe I'll like what it will be. Maybe I won't.

Did that explain any of my sub-avatar? I may have side-tracked.
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote