View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2003, 11:23 AM   #22
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Warrior
Adama already had a daughter named Athena, and already had a daughter-in-law named Serena, and already had an almost-daughter named Sheba.

Did you see Adama doing that with any of them?

Oh wait... that's the original, not this poor imitation
Thats right.
The 2 universes are unrelated.
Otherwise I'd make the same observations.

Other than "it aint the original" what are the problems with it?
In and of itself there is nothing wrong with Moores script.
save for the jinks and kinks you would normaly found find in any fiction.
It is above par telivision SF.

I mean after we Debunked the lack of the Mythological/Spiritual undertones and Cowardly Adama thing what was really left?

And i still Contend that the female characters in the original series were little more than set dressing till Sheba showed up.
But she fell into the same waiting to be saved victem role typical of the time.

Now had the orignal been given the time to mature prehaps that would have changed, but considering the universal shows to follow i find it highly unlikly.

Today audiences have more expectations for stronger roles for females.
Ala Buffy or Xena.

Now you may say in a continuation that imbalance could have been rectafied and i agree as i said about a possible place for Ms Hu in a hypothetical continuation project.
But for this particular project givving the Boomer & Starbuck Roles to female actors was the right choice.
Similar to the Ivanova & Kira characters from DS9 & B5 and Aeryn & Zaan from Farscape.

I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today -- my own government....
~ Dr. Martin Luther King ~

I can hear God saying to America: “You are too arrogant! If you don't change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power!"
~ Dr. Martin Luther King ~
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote