View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2005, 02:46 PM   #14
Fragmentary

G80 was a case of doing the best with what you had for the actors involved. I don't think they were particularly bad playing the characters that they played, but at the same time for the later episodes it was pretty clear that they were uninspired by scripts they were given. It doesn't help that none of them really stood out or rose above the material. TOS has some weak scripts in its run, but due to the ablility of the cast and the passion of everyone involved, none of those episodes bring down the overall quality of the series.

I re-watched G80 not too long ago looking for something to like about the series. And while their isn't much to hate (Dr. Zee) there really isn't much to like either. For the most part, I'm pretty happy that the world at large has forgotten that the show even exists. Even with my nostalgia lense cranked up to 11, I was ready for there to not be any more episodes to sit through.

But, because I'm such a big fan of TOS, I'll probably watch G80 again years from now out of some sense of... I don't know what. That's got to be a sickness right?
Fragmentary is offline   Reply With Quote