Thread: Mystery to me
View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2004, 10:32 PM   #14
Reverend Dr Syn

Quote:
Originally Posted by twixter

The miniseries was like a breath of fresh air.
If by "Breath of fresh air" you mean "Runs over a dear old friend in a huge Cadillac, backs over him a few times, laughs during the funeral, then later digs the body up and doodles on the face with a black Sharpie and dresses him up like Tim Curry in the Rocky Horror Picture Show" Then I would wholeheartedly agree that the new show is indeed QUITE a "Breath of fresh air"

You'll have to forgive the sarcasm. I view BSG as a dear old friend. I played Starbuck at recess constantly back in 3rd Grade. You'll have to forgive me when I see something I care about cheapened into lowest common denominator trash designed to appeal to a crowd that equates quality with T&A content. Not saying youre one of them of course. Baywatch didnt last so long because of gripping storylines, thats for certain.

Im glad you have something you like. Really I am. But you got it at the expense of a legion of fans who kept the spirit alive only to get forsaken and ignored in return or their vigilance. We probably will never get any sort of continuation now if the new series becomes successful.

Of course, Im speaking only on behalf of myself.

Last edited by Reverend Dr Syn; September 7th, 2004 at 11:14 PM..